Building Endurance: MMA Workout for Beginners
Learning several martial arts does not mean you are capable now capable of being one of MMA athlete. The fact that it is considered as one of the most dangerous physical fighting sports, you need to have that kind of endurance to take all the punches and kicks from your opponent. If you are determined enough to enter such physically tough sports, you need to know how to build endurance in order to fight all the odds. Below are some workout tips that can help several MMA beginners:
- Starting with Warm-Up
Never forget to do some warm-up; starting your routine with warm-up helps you avoid muscle strain, prepares your body from the gradual increase in heart rate and blood circulation, it enables your joints to loosen and lets you freely move without worrying about sudden muscle pain, and helps in preventing injuries. You can start your activity with a 25-meter sprint and you may repeat the process, not less than 5 minutes before the usual workout.
- Station work out
Every workout has different station depending on your current physical capability and your skills; as a beginner, below are the usual 15 total stations that you may indulge. Also, you may have a 60-second break for every station
- The first station is designed to strengthen your upper body and builds muscle endurance with 15 reps of push ups, 15 reps of jumping jacks, and 15 reps of bench dips. You may repeat the activity for full 5 minutes.
- The second station involves the full body circuit which can increase your endurance to perform more intensive and extreme level of body activity and allows you to resist any fatigue. Start with 10 reps of heavy bag burpees, 10 reps of lifting 25 lbs. of dumbbell and do clean and press burpees. Then, do 10 reps of burpees with 15 lb dumbbell. Finally, 10 reps of burpees, and body weight.
- The third station is an anaerobic activity that may help you condition your heart rate and also increase endurance. You must repeat this third station continuously for 5 minutes, starting with 10 reps of fast high knees, 10 reps of mountain climbers, 10 reps of jumping jacks. 10 reps of plank jacks, and then, 10 reps of the split of lunges.
- The fourth station shall incorporate your full body to build strength and power. This is a continuous 5-minute activity for 10 goblet squats, 10 reps of the squat with overhead press, 10 reps of triceps press, 10 reps of bicep curls, 10 reps of push outs, and 10 reps of bent over rows.
- The final station in conditioning shall touch in strengthening the core. With the 5 minute movement of 10 reps for med ball touches, 10 reps of power-wheel roll-outs, 10 reps of hammering the tire with sledge hammer, and 10 reps of the band pull and snap downs. The above exercises are effective if done with passion and determination. If you want to learn several more about Mixed Martial Arts and some of the training programs, you can always visit this website http://mmatrainingcentral.com/mma-for-beginners/.