Effective Meal Plan for Quick Muscle Growth
When you undergo weight training, keeping your body healthy is crucial; thinking of starving yourself will only cause damage. You need the right meal to keep your body energized. The lack of food intake will slow down the progress of muscle development.
The difference of Weight Gain and Weight Loss Diet
There is a huge difference between a meal plan of a person aiming to lose weight and those who are planning to bulk up. Weight loss diet only requires 500 to 1,000 calories for women and 1,500 to 1,800 calories for men per day. The goal is to lose excess fat in the body. That is why you need to follow a low-carb and low-fat diet to lose weight.
When you try to bulk up the aforementioned diet, it won’t work; bulking up requires a weight gain diet. The National Strength and Conditioning Association recommend that active men must take 2,600 to 2,800 calories daily to maintain weight. This kind of diet allows you to gain about one pound of muscle each week.
Meal Plan Based on Body Type
As you already know, each person has a unique body type. And not all body type responds well to certain diet plans. That is why you have to determine first your body type.
1. Ectomorph– Also known as the hard gainer are individuals with a petite physique. This body type needs carbohydrate-heavy nutrition. Eating food with lots of calories will help increase muscle mass. The diet should consist of high-quality protein and essential fatty acids.
2. Endomorph– The soft gainer body has a rounder physique and quickly deposits fat particularly around the waist, hips, and thighs. An Endomorph body needs a strict nutrition plan. The diet must comprise of lower carbohydrates and fat. Every meal should contain lots of protein, fruits, vegetables, and plenty of fluids.
3. Mesomorph– The athletic body type easily gain muscle mass. For a person with this body type, one should concentrate on a carbohydrate-heavy diet in the day and reduced carb in the night. The diet must consist of protein, good fats, fruits, and vegetables. Drinking plenty of water is also highly recommended.
Foods to Eat and Avoid
Although you are allowed to eat more calories than your average consumption level, know that you have to remain strict and disciplined in selecting which food to eat. Not all high-calorie content food is good to consume. Here are the foods you need to take and avoid.
What to Eat
- Protein-rich food like meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products such as yogurt, low-fat milk, and cheese
- Vegetables including leafy salad greens and starchy veggies
- Seeds and nuts
- Whole grains
What to Avoid
- Alcohol and smoking
- Artificial sweeteners and sugar
- Deep-fried foods
- Carbonated drinks
Many bodybuilders and athletes take protein powders to increase their protein level. If you are planning to use protein powders, make sure it came from premium ingredients. Go to the My Green Health Shop, you could check here authentic and effective protein powders.
In a Nutshell…
You have to practice a disciplined diet to assure quick muscle growth. Cheating on your diet or completely ignoring these facts will negate all the hard work you spent on the gym.